What is the Iowa City Music Auxiliary?
We are an all-volunteer, parent organization dedicated to the support and enrichment of all perfomance music programs – band, orchestra, choir, show choir, and jazz bands– in the Iowa City Community School District. These great programs are avaliable to all students in the district, reaching students in 5th–12thgrade.
What We Support:
During the 2017/18 school year, we provided $88,000 to our music programs! This includes:
- $20,000 for transportation to events such as elementary band and orchestra tours. In addition to high-school honor bands and orchestra orchestras, etc.
- $15,000 in support of All-State music events (transportation, entry fees, clinics, accomodation)
- $12,000 in entry fees for competitions (e.g. SEIBA, Kennedy Orchestra)
- $9,000 in support of staff for providing music, clinics, 5th grade band super lesson, etc.
- $5,000 for uniform cleaning
Our support significantly reduces the cost of music education for the families in our community!
How can you join the Music Auxiliary? How much does it cost?
Rather than charging a membership fee, we raise money for music activities by asking for donations:
- through mailings
- at concerts (look for our collection boxes when you buy your tickets)
- at special events like our Free Car Wash
- through the ICCSD Foundation website (choose “Music Auxiliary” from campaign list):
How else can you help?
- Volunteer at one of our fundraisers
- Ask your child’s music director about becoming their parent representative
Thank you for your continued support of the Iowa City Music Auxiliary!