Presenting the new Iowa City Music Auxiliary logo!
During the school closure last March-April, we held a contest for ICCSD students to design a new logo for the Music Auxiliary. We received several wonderful submissions from across the district, and a winner has been selected.
Congratulations and thank you to Angelica Hamilton from South East Junior High! This fantastic logo is already in use in our letters and web/social media pages.
In light of continued uncertainties regarding the pandemic and how the school opening will unfold this year, we are postponing the Iowa City Music Auxiliary Annual Car Wash, which had been scheduled for August 29th.
Many thanks to all who had signed for this undertaking. Hopefully we’ll be able to proceed later during the school year, once conditions are again safe. Stay Tuned!
Inviting all K – 12 ICCSD students to participate!
NEW Extended Contest Deadline: April 15th, 2020
Contest Entry Form
The Iowa City Music Auxiliary is inviting all K-12 ICCSD students to participate in our logo contest. The winning logo will be featured online, in print materials, on merchandise (like t-shirts), and more! This logo represents all parent supporters of music students across Iowa City, North Liberty, and Coralville!
- Wednesday, March 25th, 2020 – April 15th, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST
- Winner will be announced on Sunday, April 19th
How to Enter
- This logo represents all Iowa City performance music areas: band, choir, and orchestra. Also, the design encompasses music programs spanning West High, City High, Liberty High, Southeast Junior High, North Central Junior High, Northeast Junior High, and all Elementary School! The art must be inclusive to all areas mentioned above.
- The name of our group is Iowa City Music Auxiliary. Please include our full name, however, note that “Music Auxiliary” should be the main focus of the design.
- The design may use up to 3 colors, however, please make certain your design can also work as a single-color image.
- Do not use ready-made graphics.
- Keep it simple!
Logo Design Resources
Here are some fantastic resources for creating an amazing logo, including great FREE online resources for designing at home!
What Make a Good Logo: The Dos and Don’ts from Wix Blog
Logo Design: everything you need to know by Creative Bloq
Follow Us on Social
Official Contest Rules
- To be eligible, each entrant must be a currently registered student in the Iowa City Community School District.
- Individuals may submit no more than two entries.
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant(s) and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- All entries will become the property of the Iowa City Music Auxiliary. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to the Iowa City
Music Auxiliary. Entries may be featured on social media and print materials, even if not selected as the contest winner.
- Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
- The Iowa City Music Auxiliary reserves the right to modify the winning logo to better fit the needs of the initiative.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee will be final.
- Parent Permission is required for entries by students under 18 years of age.
Thank you and we hope you participate during this extended break from school! We appreciate your effort to support the Music Auxiliary!
Due to thunderstorms and lightning predicted for today, we are canceling our car wash. In lieu, we are hosting a Virtual Car Wash to support our kids in music!
Please consider donating today! Thank you to all of the parents, students, and directors for your time and planning efforts! Find out more here.